Up to $2 million of Grant to protect Human Rights of LGBTI Persons
June 12, 2015 /LGBT News/ The Global Equality Fund, managed by the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (DRL) is accepting Statements of Interest (SOIs) from civil society organizations in its program of up to $2 million of Grant to protect Human Rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex (LGBTI) Persons.
Deadline: 10 July 2015
Approximately $2 million is available for programs of the Global Equality Fund, pending funding availability.
- Supporting Allies in Civil Society and other Sectors to Increase Tolerance and Respect for LGBTI Persons and their Human Rights.
- Promoting and Protecting the Human Rights of Transgender Persons.
The Global Equality Fund is part of DRL’s broader initiative to support at-risk and vulnerable populations, including women, people with disabilities, racial and ethnic minorities, and religious minorities. This program will focus on providing protection to individuals who experience human rights violations or abuses due to their real or perceived gender identity, and supporting allies in civil society and other sectors to increase tolerance and respect for LGBTI persons and their human rights.
The applying organizations must:
- Be a non-profit organization or an international organization; or
- Be a university or research institution; or Be a for-profit organization or business, although there are restrictions on payment of fees and/or profits to the prime recipient under grants and cooperative agreements.
- Have demonstrated experience administering successful projects, preferably targeting the requested country and/or region, or a similarly challenging program environment. Have existing, or the capacity to develop, active partnerships with in-country entities and relevant stakeholders including industry and non-governmental organizations.
- Organizations may form consortia and submit a combined SOI. However, one organization should be designated as the lead applicant.
How to Apply
- The applying organization must submit their Statements of Interest (SoIs) at address given on the website.
- The SOIs submitted via email, the U.S. postal system, FedEx, UPS and similar delivery companies, or courier will not be accepted.
For more information, please visit Global Equality Fund.